Monday, July 6, 2009

Grapplers Core Workout: Shredded Functional Abs

I've been getting all kinds of request for ab workouts, Mixed Martial Art/MMA workouts, and just new ways to workout, so to deliver on all three I'm going to release one of my old precompetition workouts. This is a GREAT one because it's STRETCHES, and STRENGTHENS your lower back, hips, and shoulders. Hell that alone makes it worth twice the price of admission and it SHOOTS your cardio through the roof and gives you that good HUFF AND PUFF feeling during AND after the workout. Trust me you'll feel this EVERYWHERE!!!

Stomach
Back
Legs
Butt
Hips
Shoulders
Chest
EVERYWHERE

enjoy

Warmup (very simple I love to do these just to stretch out my back, and get my hole body into doing coordinated movement)
10 Toe touches

Now into the workout!

Beginners feel it out, if you've been training for a while I'd say go for cycles of the circuit all the way through, if you're getting ready for a competition or just want to get in competition shape I'm saying go for six cycles of the circuit.

15 Judo pushups
20 Rockers
20 Grappling Bridge
30 Guard Sit-ups
20 Leg drag
20 Shrimp
20 Bicycle
20 Cherry pickers

15 2 handed swings swings

NOW DO IT AGAIN!!!


DEMO'S
Toe touches


Judo pushups


Rockers


Grappling Bridge


Guard Sit-ups


20 Leg drag


20 Shrimp


Bicycle


Cherry pickers


2 Handed Swings

1 comment: